Talking about the 2-3lt plastic kind here. I’ve always just recycled them, but on the http://www.aussieslivingsimply.com.au forum I’ve been getting some great ideas! So I think I’ll start saving them from now on. Tips I liked:
- Scoops for pet food (we buy 20kilo bags of dog kibble and 30kg bags of chicken grains, so saves the coffee mug, small bucket or handfulls we currently use)
- Poke small holes in the base and bury in the garden with just the neck poking up – fill with water for a deep watering – can work with any water bottle – probably best for softdrink ones without the handle. If you put the lid back on they won’t fill with bugs and dirt.
- Clean them out and use them to store bulk rice etc. (The most brilliant idea I think, as the handle will make pouring it out easy!)
- Cut in half and use as a funnel for engine oil
- Fill with cat litter (or whatever) and use in the kitchen to pour off oil into (you know you shouldn’t pour oil down the sink right?)
- Cut an opening out of one and put it on the clothes line as a peg bucket (poke a hole in to let the water run out)
- Drawers – lay them on their narrow side so the handle becomes the drawer handle, and cut the top part out to make your drawer.
- This dude makes them into gardens http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com